[Farmall] Searching for some info, upcoming sale update

Robert Jacobs carrowor2002 at att.net
Fri Mar 11 16:18:20 PST 2005

 Hello all,

Been awhile since I've been able to post here but thought a quick update
appropriate.

Last fall my mother started preparing for and planning an "estate" sale of
antiques and my father's various IH collections.  The preperations are
progressing nicely and they're trying to have everything togeather for the
sale at the end of April.  I will post the sale dates once they are
finalized along with directions.  If your a 'red' person this is a sale you
won't want to miss, literaly tons of rare and hard to find IH literature,
parts, parts catalogs, and you name it.  Don't leave the wife at home either
  mother has collected dolls, dishes and you name it since I can remember
and much of her collections are also going to be in the sale.

In conjunction with the sale I'd like to hear from any or all persons who
would have any idea of what IH Advertising posters are worth.  They are 28"
x 38" advertising various tractors and equipment and were issued by IH upon
release of new equipment being shipped to dealers.  I've never seen these
anywhere except when my father exhibited them at his favorite shows.  They
are extremely rare and these are mint and have been kept in the original
frames that IH provided for them.  1940's through the 1960's.  There is also
one advertising poster from Italy and the WWII era in color,  advertising
(if memory serves me right) the IH Mogul tractor.  I know dad was offered
$2500.00 for it about 30 years ago.  If anybody has any idea of the value of
these items I'd appreciate hearing from them.  I will also happily respond
(as time permits) to inquiries about items you may be searching for.  I don
t know positively what all is there, a sale house in handling the sale, but
I have a fairly decent knowledge about most of the IH items.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.  Please respond to the
e-mail listed below rather than tie the list up unless, of course, you feel
your question would interest the majority of subscribers.

Robert Jacobs
Some people call me Sweet Ole' Bob,
others just use the initials!
Carrowor2002 at att.net