[AT] ztr

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Thu Mar 10 06:55:45 PST 2005

Having never used a ZTR I can't comment on those but with the front
mower machines the same is true.  The greatly increased agility as
compared to a "regular" rider or a tractor mounted mower is significant.
  I do most of my mowing with a JD commercial front mount and it is
truly amazing how agile it is (I can cut as small a an 11" circle with a
54" deck) and this makes for very little trimming needed.  For me, as
compared to using a 72" rear mount mower on my MF 35 the time factor is
cut in about half mostly due to the agility.  While I like to mow with
the tractor set-up, the time savings with the front mount and the ease
of operation of the unit makes for a mowing experience that is even more
enjoyable.
I will also second your comments about commercial as compared to
"homeowner" models.  I bought my front mount used from a JD dealer for
about have the going price for a new unit and it'll probably outlast me
(and I'm not the easiest on equipment).
I've also got a 28" Areins rider that is about 15 years old - I liked
the unit but it is just too small for what I'm mowing now and there is a
Wheel Horse tractor in need of restoration that I may get to eventually
but the front mount mower is (and will probably remain) my main mowing unit.

David