[AT] Good tractor day

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Thu Mar 10 05:14:32 PST 2005

George,

When I was a kid I stood a D-10 Allis up 90 degrees to the ground.  I was
going up a steep slope with a bush hog that was too heavy for the front end
of the tractor and I had the lift raised.  I'm not exagerating when I say 90
degrees either.  The only thing that saved me was that the bush hog had a
very heavy frame (AC snap coupler frame on an AC model 160 brush cutter) and
it held the weight of the tractor and kept it from going over backwards.  It
eventually fell back over on it's wheels with no harm done once I got near
the top of the slope.

I'm with you.  NO chain top links for me on a bush hog and for absolutely NO
chains on a back hoe.

Charlie