[Steam-engine] Boiler Steam Test

OldIron oldiron at charter.net
Wed Mar 9 20:02:57 PST 2005

I have a question on this steam test? "What if it fails".

Blow up if the relief valves are not large enough!
Melt down if you can't supply enough water for the volume being generated.
No mater how you look at it I wouldn't do it.

This steam test is not only unwarranted, it is down right dangerous.

Myron Busch
Minnesota Chief Engineer.