[AT] ZTR's laughing

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 09:59:52 PST 2005

If I was mowing 5 acres I sure wouldn't be  looking at 42" deck mower I'd be
looking a gang mower with at least a 10 ft.  spread. Most gang mowers will mow
with the out riggers folded up so you can get  though narrow places then drop
then down and mow a wide swath.
I worked on  the big gang mowers at Fort Ord, they were used on the parade
grounds and the  golf course Big reel type mowers that cut the grass perfect no
matter what the  terrain was like. And the whole thing folded up for travel, I
know the cost will  scare you half to death but for large areas they can't be
beat.  Of course  I'm retired an who cares how long it takes to mow the lawn
so I have a 42"   Craftsman lawn tractor with a 19 HP twin Briggs. Hey cost a
lot less than the  same JD an I haven't seen any difference in them.

Walt Davies
Cooper  Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460