[Steam-engine] Annual Boiler Steam Test?

Andrew tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
Tue Mar 8 14:32:34 PST 2005

OK,
First, the hydrostatic test is the safest way to perform a pressure test
on a boiler you've never fired before. You should always do that after
inspecting the condition of the boiler and have determined it is in
operating condition. (I do it once a year)...
I don't see where doing the steam test would prove anything other than the
safety valve is the proper size. You would basically just be verifying
your calculations if you did put a new safety valve on. You are more or
less testing the safety valve is large enough for the boiler. This does
not replace the hydrostatic test as you would want to be certain that the
boiler is sound before you done something like this...

tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
engineering at andrew2.netpluscom.com
b10730 at hotmail.com

Visit the website at http://www.netpluscom.com/~10730/