[AT] ztr

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 8 04:49:02 PST 2005

>From: "Dean VP" <deanvp at att.net>
>Subject: RE: [AT] OT - zero turn mowers
>I too became all enthused about zero turn radius mowers until I learned
>about a couple of their shortcomings. And the shortcomings are pronounced
>, if you have
>uneven traction on the rear wheels, maintaining the desired direction
>becomes a real problem. This problem is exacerbated by mowing on side hills
>where there is much more weight on the downhill side rear wheel.

I've seen this also.  If it's raining anywhere in fl.. I see alot of lawn
care people on ZTR's chewing up grass, on very simple slopes.

They are also a dedicated piece of equipment.. just a mower.  I understand
they aren't even really designed to pull a lawn cart.. like a regular
lawnmower could.. etc.  Lotsa money to spend on something that can only do
one thing.. etc.

Seems like for the money, you could buy a mid-large rider mower.. good
brand.. say.. huskie or cub cadet. and an add on trail mower.. and still
come out a grand less than the least expensive ZTR... and cut a wider swath
at one time.

Soundguy