[AT] Good tractor day

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Mar 8 04:37:22 PST 2005

Wayne it doesn't have a top link as such.  It has a rigid frame that bolts
to the bottom of the backhoe near the base of the outriggers and runs back
toward the tractor top link connection at about  a 45 deg angle.   The two
legs of the frame angle in and meet each other right at the top link
connection point and are bolted together sandwiched around a piece of 1/2
plate that has the top link mounting boss welded in it.  That all lines up
with the top link connection on the tractor and a pin goes through it.
(this is truely where a picture is worth a thousand words).   The 1/2" plate
can be adjusted an inch or two but that it.

It is much easier to add new connection points for the bottom links.

I'm not sure I'm going to like the 3 pt hook up and I might, in time, figure
out a way to frame mount it on a different tractor.   My backhoe experience
is with bigger commercial machines.  I'm used to being able to pick up the
rear of the tractor with the boom to reposition it.  I'm not sure the 3 pt
links will stand that kind of abuse.

You asked if I could get a longer top link.  Actually that is the problem.
The top "frame" is too long and forces the top of the backhoe too far back
such that it does not sit up straight when hooked up.  It is just easier to
make the bottom attachment longer to match the top than it is to cut the top
frame down.

Charlie