[AT] Good tractor day

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Tue Mar 8 07:26:49 PST 2005

>It attaches just like any other 3 pt implement.  The only problem is that
>the 3pt frame that is on it does not fit my tractor.  I need to move the 2
>lower pins forward about 6 inches to get the backhoe to set up straight.

Charlie - What about fabricating a dedicated rigid frame to couple together
the tractor's lower arm mounting points and the backhoe's lower mounting
points?  So you won't need to use the tractor's lower arms at all to mount
the hoe.  Take 'em off and substitute the dedicated frame.  Two members
running roughly parallel to the tractor with welded cross pieces tying them
together.  Front part of the frame is pinned to the tractor's existing arm
mounting points; rear part pins directly to the lower hoe mounting points.

Several advantages (I think):

1) A much more rigid mounting method, as you would eliminate a lot of the
inherent slop present in two independent arms, plus the slop in the ball joints

2)  By making the frame six inches longer that the existing tractor lower
arms, the hoe unit would now set level

Now you can tell me what I'm not understanding and why this idea wouldn't
work! <grin!>

Richard