[AJD] Upcoming JD Collector Center event

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Mar 7 16:23:25 PST 2005

2005 News Releases and Information

JOHN DEERE COLLECTORS CENTER ANNOUNCES WEEK-LONG EVENT FOR ENTHUSIASTS,
COLLECTORS AND FANS

Reunion on the River, June 27 - July 2, 2005, Expected to Attract Thousands
to Moline for Tours, Seminars, Auctions and Movie Premier

MOLINE, IL (March 1, 2005) - The John Deere Collectors Center plans to host
thousands of John Deere enthusiasts, collectors, and fans in Moline this
summer during an event created to celebrate the center's fifth year of
serving loyal brand fans. Dubbed Reunion on the River, this six-day event
includes tours, auctions, seminars, tractor and toy shows and a number of
community-wide events that will likely turn the Quad Cities into a sea of
green and yellow.

"This is where John Deere built his plow factory and where modern
agriculture took off," said Brian Holst, Manager of the John Deere
Collectors Center. "Reunion on the River is a way for us to help people
learn about John Deere the man, the company and how both influenced the
course of history. More importantly, it's an opportunity for John Deere
enthusiasts, fans, and restorers to celebrate their hobbies, interests, and
trade."

Highlights of Reunion on the River include a 16-mile tractor ride, day trips
to John Deere factories and regional attractions, historical seminars,
tractor and equipment shows, a pedal tractor pull, swap meet, tractor and
memorabilia auctions, a community street dance and the world premier of
"Anthem: A Celebration of Achievement," the special film that will be on
permanent exhibit at the John Deere Pavilion.

"We are working hard to make Reunion on the River the premier John Deere
event of the year," said Holst. "We expect visitors from around the country
and quite possibly, the globe, and we look forward to showcasing Moline as
the heart of John Deere Country."

Registration for Reunion on the River is required and early registration is
recommended as some events have limited availability. Cost for general
registration is $25 (U.S.) per person before April 15, 2005 and $30 (U.S.)
per person after April 15. Attendance is free for fans 12 and under.
Registration includes admittance to the auctions, swap meet, seminars,
tractor and equipment displays, street dance and factory tours. Day trips
are available at an additional cost. To view a full schedule of events
and/or to register, please visit www.johndeereattractions.com or call Deere
& Company Guest Services at 877-255-2008.

Read More

For further information, the news media should call:
Wendy Artman
John Deere Attractions
920-494-1753

For general information, learn more