[Farmall] Need 340 Utility info & pictures

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Mar 5 06:08:42 PST 2005

In reverse order, The brakes are very easy to fix - 6 bolts on each side
of the tractor is all it takes to pull the housings, and the brake
assemblies will (almost) fall out. Depending on how rusty and/or gunked
up things are, you might have to do a little gentle persuasion. Brake
disks are available from any Case IH dealer, and you will need 4 of
them. I have done the job on my 340 in about an hour per side, but it
was relatively clean. You also have to free up the threaded actuating
rods and play with the adjustment so that both sides are somewhat equal.
  If you need a page from the parts manual, send me a note "off-line".

As far as images, I will send you some off-line.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

He that is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell
and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. -Thomas Paine,
philosopher and writer (1737-1809)