[AJD] JD Manual scans on CD

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Mar 4 22:21:11 PST 2005

Well, I wondered how long it was going to take before someone tried this.
Seller on eBay has scanned JD's Paper manuals and is now selling them on
eBay. Seller has 4 different scanned CD's on now.

Look at eBay auction:  3879451357

Then click on "All Items for sale by this seller"

I have mixed emotions about this. At one time I was told that JD's paper
manuals are not copyrighted. If that is true then I see no reason why this
is illegal unless JD already has the same manual on CD this is copyrighted.
But..... JD still sells these CD versions of the paper manuals on a custom
basis.  I've not purchased one of the current custom CD's from JD so I don't
know if their custom CD's are copyrighted or not.

I have mixed emotions about this practice. Something tells me it is
unethical and maybe even illegal. But JD sure has created a price umbrella
to entice this underground cottage industry.

What do you guys think?

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door