OT: Mozilla vs. IE (was Re: [AT] trimming the fleet and not being able to go to site

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Mar 3 08:06:56 PST 2005

I have been using various forms of Mozilla for the last 10 years and
only use MS IE as an absolute last resort, as when I find a site that is
so tightly bound to IE that nothing else will work. However, Bo, the
browser version that is now offered is called Firefox 1.0. Thunderbird
1.0 is the Email application that I use in place of MS Outlook.

Everybody has their own experience and requirements, but I generally use
any alternative to a Microsoft application, if I can find a good one. In
place of MS Office, I now use OpenOffice 1.1.4, which is freeware and
works just fine for my needs.

I use the above applications in Windows 98SE and XP Pro. I have not yet
gone over full time to LINUX, but if things keep going the way they have
  been with MS, that may be my next step.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

He that is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell
and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. -Thomas Paine,
philosopher and writer (1737-1809)