[AT] trimming the fleet

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Thu Mar 3 05:10:34 PST 2005

Ron,

I can fully understand your desire to get the business back up in the air
(pun intended).  Good luck with it.  Do you do all the flying or do you have
another pilot?

I know a couple of now ex-crop dusters.  One was a highway patrolman that,
believe it or not, didn't get into the business until he retired from the
patrol in his mid 50's so I guess it wouldn't be out of the question for me
to start now come to think of it.  However, I know my reflexes and vision,
while still good, aren't what they were 25 or even 10 years ago.  The other
guy got out of the business in his mid 30's after he flipped one end over
end on take off and hung upside down in his seat belts for a good while
drowning in some nasty insecticide.  It took him a while to get over it but
he said he knew as soon as he came back to that he was through with it.  He
told me that the instant before the crash he was sure he would never do
anything else.

I hope you are sucessful and retire when all of your airplanes are worn out
but you are still fine.

Charlie