[AT] anybody close to this?

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Wed Mar 2 10:29:14 PST 2005

I had forgotten about being able to drive to Johnson City on I-26 - With
that in mind the I-26 route over the mountain sounds much better.  When
I lived in Spartanburg County (several years ago) I-26 ended at
Asheville and that would not be any help.
IMHO, the route on I-77 is much more scenic than the I-40 route - and
maybe with fewer problems as well.  A little longer in miles but I would
think easier when pulling a trailer (except when the wind gets up - bad
news in the passes around Fancy Gap.

David