[Steam-engine] Reworking Governor

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 05:42:29 PST 2005

I just posted links to see pictures of the spool and
the complete gov.  The governor is a Huber governor.
the spool in this one is cast iron and the seats in
the valve body are machined into the cast iron.  They
are not pressed in.  I'm amazed by the good advise
that I get here!  You make I good point about not
doing anything that changes the spacing between the
two disks which close off the steam.  Its pretty clear
that changing the spacing would have an adverse effect
but I would never have thought of it on my own.  I
will make note of your clearance suggestions as well.
 Thanks!

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN