[Steam-engine] Reworking Governor

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 13:39:05 PST 2005

Hi Brice, I never was to concerned about the
differences in expansion.  We use brazing all of the
time to repair cracked and broken cast iron.  I've
never heard about it popping off.  I was worried about
the wear characteristics of the brass.  If it wears
out quickly I need to find a different material.  If
need be I can probably get it built up with Inconel at
work.  Jeff Detwiler wrote and told me that his spool
had been brazed and is working well.  I will probably
procede with brazing.  As for machining a new one from
billet.  That would be much easier said than done
there is a reason that it was cast instead of
machined.  If I were to start over I would probably
fabricate it from steel then machine.  I'll try to
find a spot to post a picture.  My MSN photo sharing
space is full.

=====
Andy Glines
Evansville, IN