[Farmall] Which IH utility?

Mark mark at ironacres.com
Thu Jun 30 07:20:53 PDT 2005

As some may remember, I've been looking for a smaller tractor for my new
place. I first looked at the newer compact tractors (4wd, diesel, cute) but
quicly determined I can't (or won't) pay that much for one. So I looked at
Fords (600/601, 800/801, Jubilee/NAA) but they just fit in my barn and they
are uncomfortable as all heck to drive.

Of course I want it all in one machine. I'd want live hydraulics, 3 point,
would like live PTO, ability to put on a loader, power steering and similar
or smaller size than a Ford. I won't be doing much field work so HP isn't
top on my list. Just some bushhogging, light blade work, loader work, and
collecting maple sap :)
Sooo, what IH / Farmall utility do you recommend?

Mark