[Ford-ferguson] Hood mounting / pivot bolts

Bob Erickson llamas at bright.net
Wed Jun 29 15:52:54 PDT 2005

Does anyone know off hand what size bolts hold the hood onto the front
of the tractor?  They are the two bolts the hood pivots on to raise.  I
had some service done this spring and the bolts have both fallen out in
the field somewhere.  I'd guess they need to be axle bolts.  I tried
3/4-10 and 3/4-16.  The 3/4-10 starts just a bit but feels wrong.  It
may be bunged threads but I couldn't see well enough to tell.  Could
they be metric?

Should there be washers there as well?

Also, there's a nut inside the frame there built in aligned with the
mounting holes.  Is that a different pitch or is it to lock the bolt in
place?

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob Erickson