[Steam-engine] Jim Mackessy Duplex 4 Wheel drive system

Ken Hough k4sb at niia.net
Wed Jun 22 15:48:35 PDT 2005

>From the front
Engine,Bell housing(clutch) Tranny to Transfer case, drive shafts to front
end and rear end to small spur gear on top of hub driving a large spur
gear attached to wheels. Braking is a Band brake on a drum between tranny
and transfer case. Steering is typical gearbox and tierods.
Ken

Hi Ken;
     That's one interesting piece of history there! How is the drive
arranged?
Brakes and steering? Is it a "crawler" like the old Mack chain drives? I'd
love to see it sometime, but I'm pretty far east for that. Thanks for
sharing the pictures! Best Regards; Jim Mackessy ----- Original Message