JD pawl needed- was Re: [AT] Really depressing loss of old iron...

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Jun 19 22:33:47 PDT 2005

Mark:

Check under "International" too besides "Case International". I don't know
how they have segregated the parts. No Farmall is listed.

Mark:

Go to the web site:

www.depotparts.com

It lists all the other manufacturers they carry parts for. They include Case
International but I don't know if that means Farmall too.  Check your part
numbers under Case International and see what happens. If you get "Not
Found" they have never had it in stock. If you get a hit but "0" in stock
that tells you they had them in stock at one time but they are now out of
stock. If you get a hit with a quantity in stock you have hit gold.

Sometimes it is a good idea to leave the last letter suffix off and if they
have stock of items with those first digits or letters they will show items
close in "additional matches" box. The additional matches may pop-up your
exact part number with the additional suffix attached. But there is a
limited quantity of "matches" they can show, so don't take the limited
additional matches list as ALL the close matches.

I found a very much needed part that they had inventoried wrong due to a
typo on their end. I inquired and sure enough, even though they had entered
the part number wrong, it was the exact part I was looking for. They had
interpreted the last character in the part number as a "0" and it should
have been "C". So play around a little bit to compensate for those kinds of
possible data entry errors. With 680,000 parts in stock one can expect a few
data entry errors.

Note:
They will also show cross references if they were known at the time of data
entry.

It takes a little time to get used to the personality of the system.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com