[AT] japanese tractors

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sat Jun 18 21:55:50 PDT 2005

John:

After reading your many posts to this list, I'm sure you would get a much
more positive review after a visit. I suppose it may be a bit unfair to make
the judgments I made based on one visit to each but usually one can tell
quite quickly what kind of business it is and how one is going to be
supported after the sale. I'll admit it was a few years ago that I visited
both these businesses but when one has difficulty finding where the
replacement parts stock room is and the service department is one has to
wonder what kind of after sale support is really available. Especially on
something that is manufactured out of the country. My impression was that
sales were the only interest. I look for more than that with companies I do
business with. Just one persons opinion.  However, I don't think one should
hide their observations when it is possible for another list member to take
the information supplied as an implied recommendation. YMMV.

Parts availability on a used piece of equipment is important, especially on
something manufactured out of country. Low cost becomes meaningless if the
equipment can't be maintained.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door