[AJD] BR/BO AR/AO differences, is it really this easy?

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Jun 16 00:49:06 PDT 2005

Chris:

W/o pulling out my reference books I can tell you that the US AR could be
ordered with differential brakes but it was an option on the US AR and
standard on the US AO.  In fact I seem to recall that the way to get
differential brakes on an AR was to order an AO and change some of the other
options to get it back closer to an AR. I'm not 100% sure of that right now.
In all reality there really isn't a lot of significant differences between
an US AR vs an US  AO. But the factory did record, by serial number, whether
they shipped an AO vs an AR. I have seen several actual US AR's that have
differential brakes.

Also w/o doing some digging I just don't recall what the rules were on the
BR/BO situation.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door