[AJD] 214 Baler

Kevin Smolkowski kev at smolkowski.com
Wed Jun 15 11:40:07 PDT 2005

I suppose I could run it with the R.  Am always worried about putting
too much load on the PTO gears, but I assume the baler is faily steady
and it will not see much in terms of shock load.

Anything I ought to know about the 214.  It comes with a half dozen
spools of wire.   Needs all those little oiler lines, other than that
it is supposed to work well.

Quoting greg at theoldtractorcompany.com:

> Kevin
>
> As we are in small bale hay country, I have seen balers run with everything
> from
> an 8N Ford to a JD B. Most tractors will run a baler but it's a question of
> how well
> they run it. When I was still selling new, we always felt a JD 1050 (33hp)
> was about
> the lower limit to suggest as being a baler tractor.
> You might have to pick your battles somewhat. That's why an engine driven
> baler is
> still popular around here.
> Greg
>

> Greg Stephen
> The Old Tractor Company
> Stephen Equipment Company
> PO Box 709
> Franktown, CO 80116
> 303-663-5246
> 303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!
>
> On Wed Jun 15  9:18 , Kevin Smolkowski <kev at smolkowski.com> sent:
>

> >Does my M have enough umph to run this bailer?

Kevin Smolkowski
John Deere Model R
visit: www.twocylinderdiesel.com