[AJD] BR or BO 325689 runs again

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 22:08:49 PDT 2005

LeRoy,

    I am not sure that #689 is lucky, and I can't
really tell if your poking fun at me or not, it's just
a number to me. I was just wondering if I am correct
in assuming that or not.  If it were something like
002 I would get excited..  There is a guy on one of
the Caterpillar boards making a big deal over his D6
being the oldest one around running (for that series)
his serial number is something like 204 or around
there..  I have #806, does that mean mine is the
second oldest surviving 8U D6?? I doubt it,  and don't
really care... I think we put a little too much into
serial number and low/high production..

      It looks like this BO or BR is going to be
someone else's tractor anyway.  My insanity is
catching up with me  (I just brought the 1936 AR home
tonight)  and I still have 5 more to haul home  an A,
2 AR's a 39B and a farmall of some sort..  and two
Cats..  I am already trying to figure out which ones
to keep and what will go when before the wife comes
home and has me committed.  I am guessing that when it
is all said and done the lineup will be 1936 AO &
AR's,  1948 A High Clearance,  1951 AR,  1950 A
(grandpa's) Maybe the 44 Slant Dash A,  and Maybe the
39B.  (Can you tell I like A's)  So several A's,  the
BR,  the Lindman,  4 cats and a crane may be history
when I am done playing with them...

     How did I get started on this.. Oh well..  I'll
stop now..  It must be the madness setting in...

                Chris