[AT] Re: Cat D6 Engine

JParks jkparks at flash.net
Sun Jun 12 07:52:59 PDT 2005

Cecil

That is the D318 engine.  There were two basic block configurations for the
8U/9U series.  The later series, with the 1H5655 block is easier to work
with as the bearings are easier to come by and cheaper. (1H5652 casting
number)  The earlier blocks used wider, thicker bearings, and they are very
hard to come by and very spendy compared to the thinner later style
bearings.

I would suspect that the compressor you have run across is an earlier style
engine, possibly even prior to the D318 engine.  If you can supply me with
serial numbers off of each, the compressor and the D6, I can get more
specific as to what problems you will run into.

John Parks
Boise, ID