[AT] Water in #$%& CUB steering box

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Jun 10 19:37:10 PDT 2005

	OK, I have now applied the full power of both useable brain cells plus the 1/2 power
reserve cell and have come up with a possible solution for a #$%& CUB upper steering box
seal. Any water that gets in mostly has to get in from collecting and running down the
long steering wheel shaft and then running in through the seal. All that is needed to
stop most of it would be to slip a snug fitting "O" ring down around the shaft while
apart and slide it down to the bottom against the seal. I'm not expecting it to make an
actual seal against the regular seal but it would cause all of the water that runs down
the shaft to drip off of the shaft instead of seeping into the gearbox. Same concept as a
drip edge on a roof or over a door.

	As another thought I doubt that an "active" #$%& CUB would accumulate much water in the
steering gearbox since it is well heated by the lower radiator housing. Regular use
should cook most moisture out. I suspect most water problems are from sitting out long
term.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA