[AT] Re: Floyd River

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Jun 10 18:55:32 PDT 2005

Kathy:

The Langels name has a slight ring to it but it's just been too many years.
I have trouble with my own name at times!  :-) There are three eating spots
in Lemars other than the new Wells Ice Cream store that are still in my
memory. The Wayside, Archie's Steak House and Bob's Drive In right on
highway 75.  Ended up in the Deans office at college for eating a steak at
the Wayside one time. Only Sioux County people would understand why that
occurred. And you really don't want to know why!

Bob's hotdogs are so unique that we have to stop in there at least once
while visiting NW Iowa. In the 50's it was THE place to go with a date. My
God, has it been over 50 years already? And the place is still there. Oh and
yes, a truck stop a little further South on 75. And then there was the OK
Café in Alton, IA. Gee whiz, I'm reliving my teenage years. And Elvis
Presley is still alive too!  :-)

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door