[AT] Tractor hauling

JParks jkparks at flash.net
Fri Jun 10 09:07:51 PDT 2005

Cecil..............Your note is exactly what I was referring to........I
learned this the hard way about 20 years ago when I sent a trucker to pick
up a running Terex 8230 crawler.  The owner and the trucker spent all day
trying to get the "runner" going.  They finally gave up, the trucker came
back empty and I was out 750.00 for his time and trip.

I shipped an AC model M back to Pennsylvania a year or so back.  It was a
partial load for the trucker and he shows up with a trailer with no space
except on the front of the deck.  Fortunately I could lift the whole machine
up and set it down on the bed but it certainly wasn't expected or
anticipated.  I have made loading ramps/docks of varying height around the
place to cope with unexpected trailer heights.  Even though I try to plan on
the unexpected, I am still capable of being surprised by a new twist.

John Parks
Boise, ID