[AT] Tractor hauling

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Jun 10 05:05:18 PDT 2005

Hi Ernst,   I haven't dealt with the trucking industry in a few years but in
years gone by the large truck stops had brokers who handled "trip" hauls.
There may be another term for it but basically this is what happens.
Someone has a load such as you have.  They register the load at a truck
stop.  Some trucker comes in that has hauled a load to that location but is
empty for his trip home.  The broker at the truck stop will put him in
contact with the whom ever is in charge of the shipment.  Lots of times the
trucker will take a load like that for a reasonable price rather than come
home empty.
They are more likely to take it if they know they can get loaded and
unloaded quickly without a lot of problems.

You might want to ask at a big truck stop near your place.  They'll tell you
the scoop on it.

Hope this helps,

Charlie