[Farmall] Machine Shed and Shop

Karl Olmstead olmstead at ridgenet.net
Thu Jun 9 16:21:10 PDT 2005

You need to go 40 to 45 feet wide so that you can pull tractors in at an
angle, and leave a center aisle wide enough to drive them out w/o moving
anything.  In my 30' building I have to park them lengthwise, and the
tractor I need is always three tractors in.

Don't forget to put down a layer or two of plastic under the concrete or
gravel; condensation of moisture rising out of the soil is hard on machine
tools.

Don't go with corrugated building.  I wouldn't do it again!  6000 fasteners
in a 30'x60' building.  No frame, and nothing to hang stuff from.  Almost
impossible to insulate.

-Karl