[AT] It's a Cub! Update

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Wed Jun 8 14:58:49 PDT 2005

I'm with Charley on this subject of switching to detergent oils.  My father
had bought a used 1955 ford F-100 PU about 1959 and the engine failed after
about a month after the first oil change.  Mechanic said it was because the
detergent oil loosened all the accumulated crud in the engine that had
probably only used non-detergent until that time and plugged important
passages.  I have seen it in other engines, but have tanked everything I
suspected of having not seen detergent oil.
YMMV
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H