[AT] It's a Cub! Update

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 07:35:30 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/8/2005 6:12:06 A.M. Pacific  Daylight Time,
chill8 at cox.net writes:
Glad you got it going.  I hope you  don't regret putting high detergent oil
in it.  If it has been run all  it's life with non-detergent (Isuspect that
was the recommended oil when it  was new) switching to high detergent might
break loose a lot of crud and  sludge that could cause you some problems.  I
probably would have done  the same thing (high detergent).  Just keep a close
eye on it and  change the oil and filter frequently for a  while.
-------

Many  years ago when detergent oil came out this was brought up as a possible
problem  but over the years it has proven to be more myth than fact. The
newer oils are  much better for your old equipment as it keeps them clean and
lubricates much  better than the older single grade oils.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow  Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460