[AT] NW vs SW Iowa

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Jun 7 11:55:49 PDT 2005

Ron:

I recently looked at an Iowa map. If one truly drew a dividing line East to
West dividing the Northern from the Southern part of Iowa I suspect that I
might be incorrect that you are too far South to be in NW Iowa. Close but I
now would lean to the NW side.

45 to 50 years ago anything South of Sioux City was in the SW part of the
state from our perspective in NW Resume Speed, Iowa(The Holy Land). But
apparently Sioux City has drifted North over the last 50 years and drug the
neighboring southern cities along with it.

What I think we didn't take into consideration is how far South of Omaha,
NE/Council Bluffs, IA the Iowa/Missouri border is. The Missouri/Sioux/Floyd
Rivers must have brought in a whole bunch of rich Iowa topsoil into Sioux
City and moved it further North in recent years. :-) It used to flood a lot
in Sioux City 50 years ago! :-) When all three rivers flooded at the same
time, all hell broke loose in downtown Sioux City including Martins
department store on 4th street. Downtown Sioux City was all beach front
property.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door