[AJD] OT: Need help with brakes for 1930 White fire truck

kreig astroguy at nas.com
Mon Jun 6 18:46:53 PDT 2005

Thanks everyone for advice.

We managed to get the drums off by heating the drums and pounding on the
axle while having the wheel puller under tension.  Lots of heat and a big
hammer and a big wheel puller.    The axles were tapered and the drums had
probably not beeen off for 50+ years.  the brakes cylinders were full of
"rubber"  (dried brake fluid).

Thanks again,  kreig