[AJD] What a day - Galloping idle - Backfires

LeRoy Price lep at epix.net
Sun Jun 5 11:40:15 PDT 2005

Duane,

What I noticed as I listen to it run it periodically runs smooth as I adjust it.  When I get it to that point and let it be, in a few moments its searching again, then smooths out again.  I'm adjusting at low idle.

I opened the distributor and I had small filings on the top of the cover (over the points).  I even noticed that the posts in the cover had some plastic backing which is now cracked away.  Not sure if this means anything.

Today, I did start my 40S and it runs fine.  I may use the plugs out of it and change the gas and see if that helps.

LeRoy