[AT] O/T Trying to find a good used backhoe

Michael Miller sweetcorn70 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 16 07:06:36 PDT 2005

My Late uncle had a 410 Deere for a farm hoe.  It seemed to be very nice and
low maintanance except the time the coupler on the front of the motor to the
hydraulic pump went out and threw peices into the radiator.  That was about
$500 worth of parts to fix IIRC.  Other than that it was just change the oil
when it was due and keep it greased.

Not sure if that'll help but I'd definetly say keep looking for a 580 Series
Case with ExtendaHoe.  The farm that I did my Internship on used one when
doing tile work and it just seemed to be easier to use than the 410.

One thing I would be careful about....  You say the plan is to keep it for a
year and then sell it when all you projects are done.  You said you've got
some seat time in a 580-K so I am sure you know just how many projects you
can find for a backhoe.  I guess what I'm saying is you might find more than
a years worth of projects for the thing....

Mike