[AT] Apology for outage

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Jul 9 03:02:00 PDT 2005

If you are referring to the IH 6.9L diesel, I believe the only problem
was cavitation due related to pinholes in the cylinders. Changing the
antifreeze or adding an additive prevented the problem, and I have a 6.9
in an '87 F350 with something over 125K that is doing fine. It isn't as
powerful as the later "Powerstroke" engines, but it is good enough for
my limited needs.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

  "The important thing is not to stop questioning"
            Albert Einstein (1879-1955), US (German-born) physicist