[AJD] 40/420/430 Utility models

Rev. Gerber drgerber at fuse.net
Wed Jul 6 07:50:51 PDT 2005

If the pump on the front is the same as the pumps used on the front of
the 420C, often found when the crawler was equipped with either a John
Deere 90 loader or an aftermarket loader, they were a very strong pump,
actually more pump than you had crawler.  I have seen 420U tractors with
a loader on and the front ends all busted up because the front mounted
hydraulic pump allowed the tractor to pick things up beyond the load
capacity of the tractor.  I have seen crawlers bent up, even the side
frames bent due to picking things up that were too heavy.  Says a lot
about that front mounted pump.

Rev. David R. Gerber
Mt. Airy United Methodist Church
2645 North Bend Rd.