[AT] test again

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sun Jul 31 10:42:52 PDT 2005

Ron, to my knowledge all your postings came through.  I think I saw all
the "test" messages come floating by.  Are you sure you don't have your
ATIS preferences set so that the messages don't get echoed back to you?
I have mine set that way, so I never know whether or not a message went
through unless someone responds to it.  That can be a little
disconcerting, but it saves some bandwidth on the system -- and some of
us are still concerned about that.  Of course, most of my messages are
kind of "off the wall" and they don't get a lot of responses, so I just
live with the system the way I have it set.  Whatever you do, please
PLEASE don't set your email so that it demands that a response message
be sent back to let you know whether or not it has been read.  I
personally find that sort of forced response just as objectionable as
telemarketing calls.

Larry