[AT] Upcoming Shows in NC

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Sat Jul 30 11:33:36 PDT 2005

All,

I wanted to let the list know about two upcoming tractor shows coming up
in NC.  Both are pretty smallish but everyone in the past has seemed to
have a good time.  First, Aug 20, 2005 there will be a show at "Mike's
Farm" in Back Swamp, NC.  This is near Jacksonville, NC and not too far
from me and Charlie Hill.  Go to www.mikesfarm.com for more info about
his place. Many of the exhibitors are with the  Eastern Carolina Vintage
Farm Equipment Club but everyone is welcome to bring tractors,
implements, engines, whatever.  In the past there has been a little
ground for interested exhibitors to work, I don't know yet if this will
be the case this year or not.  Prizes are given for "furthest traveled,
spectators' choice, etc.

The second show will be in conjunction with Richlands Farmer's Day in
Richlands, NC on Saturday, Sept. 10.  This is also near Jacksonville.
The show will be "at the pines" on the campus of Richlands High School.
All makes/models are welcome.  There will be a parade at 9AM, to
participate in the parade is $1 per vehicle.  The proceeds from Farmer's
Day go to fund scholarships for agriculture students at Richlands High
School.  This year there will also be an antique tractor pull in the
afternoon.

If anyone would like more info, email me off-list.
Thanks,
Al