[Steam-engine] Steam Cotton Compress

Mac Whatley macwhat at asheboro.com
Fri Jul 29 20:40:46 PDT 2005

Congratulations, Rick.  Maybe you can use something from this.

I've finally scanned most of my photos of the 1899 Charlotte Cotton Compress
from when we salvaged it in 1993.

It's this year being reconstructed at Denton Farm Park in Denton, NC (about
60 miles NW of Charlotte).

I'm working on writing up a history of it since Southern Railway built it;
there's some info in the captions.

The photos are all on webshots at
http://community.webshots.com/user/macwhat

 Also, for you train people, under my miscellaneous album is an old photo I
recently found of a unidentified early locomotive, rusting away in upstate
NY in 1939.  Can anybody tell me anything about it?

-Mac

L. McKay Whatley. Attorney at Law

Residential and Commercial Real Property

19 South Fayetteville Street

Asheboro, NC 27203

336-629-1989

336-629-1504 (fax)