IH archives (was Re: [Farmall] OT: strange new tractor

Roberto Rivero rj.rivero at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 07:30:05 PDT 2005

Is really interesting this article, specially for people like me that live
so far from the place where the CNH make decitions about their new products,
i am worry about all what i see here now in CNH is BLUE, two days ago i was
in Brazil and i saw a couple of CNH dealers and they were all blue too.
 Of course in the web place of CNH i can find the red Case IH, but seems
like if there is a desicion about to have all blue in this area. So i wonder
what have the CNH team in their minds about thr red machines ??
  bye roberto

 On 7/28/05, Mike Sloane <mikesloane at verizon.net> wrote:

> More interesting to me was this article on the same website:

> Former Case IH VP Helps Raise Funds for IH Archives
> May 03, 2005
>
> Jim Irwin was, until his retirement on Jan. 31, 2005, the vice president
> of Case IH, North American Agricultural Business. But that doesn't mean
> he isn't still involved with Case IH in general - and in preserving the
> legacy of International Harvester (IH) in particular.
>
> Irwin was a guest speaker at the International Harvester Collectors Club
> Winter Convention in Madison, Wis., for example. He also helped raise
> $600 by donating a piece of his own Case IH memorabilia. "I took one of
> the scale model tractors that the company gave me when I retired, and
> they auctioned it off."
>
> All told, more than $80,000 was raised to preserve the International
> Harvester-McCormick Collection, which is housed at the Wisconsin
> Historical Society on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
> Obviously, the International Harvester Collectors Club has clout - and
> cash. And they love the IH brand.
>
> While the audience was primarily made up of farmers, "I was surprised at
> how many young people were there," Irwin adds. "I got to spend time
> with the Oconomowoc, Wisconsin FFA chapter that had completely restored
> an old Farmall. They sold raffle tickets on the tractor as a fundraiser."
>
> In the club
> The International Harvester Collectors Club is a worldwide network
> dedicated solely to preserving the history, products, literature and
> memorabilia of International Harvester. Currently, there are 31 active
> chapters, with more than 5,600 members from 49 states and several
> countries.
>
> The folks in the club who attended the winter convention had plenty of
> questions for Irwin. "They asked about new products, what the future of
> the IH brand is, where Case IH is headed," he explains. "Club members
> just want assurance that CNH is totally behind the Case IH brand -
> especially the IH portion of it."
>
> Irwin assured them "as long as it is important to customers it will be
> important to CNH."
>
> Irwin says he also talked a little about what he's done over the years
> to keep International Harvester part of the Case IH brand. "Before I
> retired, I was probably one of the few people still around at Case IH
> with an IH background, and I want to make sure IH doesn't lose any of
> its presence."
>
> Given his 40-year association with the International Harvester brand,
> it's not surprising that Irwin feels this strongly. It also should come
> as no surprise that he was the driving force behind bringing back the IH
> Farmall line in 2004.
>
> "People love the IH brand," Irwin says. "I just want to make sure we
> keep it around and keep promoting it."
> Mike
>
> 69barracuda at mchsi.com wrote:
> > Here's the skinny (:-P) on that new tractor...

> [...]

Ing. Civil Roberto Rivero
Cell 099620035