[AT] OOOPS - Do as I say not as I do - now rambling off topic

Roger Welsch captneb at micrord.com
Fri Jul 29 05:58:31 PDT 2005

Yep, the Trailers usually crossed in May when the river had water...and a
lot of quicksand.  It was too shallow to ferry, too deep to ford, which is
why there was virtual war to decide which side of that thing the capital
would be.  Wm Jennings Bryan was called the Boy Orator of the
Platte...allegedly because he was an inch deep and a mile wide at the mouth.