[AT] OOOPS - Do as I say not as I do

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Thu Jul 28 19:32:57 PDT 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 11:16 am, DAVIESW739 at aol.com wrote:
> Yesterday I was working with my compressor  putting a tire back on the hay
> rake and when I took the impact off I tossed the  hose around the front of
> the tractor. I soon heard a boom and lot of air the  hose was doing a nice
> job of cleaning up the barn floor. Next time I will buy  the better grade
> of hose not the cheap one.

They are expensive, but I was in construction for a while, and I came to love
the polyurethane air hoses the boss had.    About a buck a foot, so not
cheap, but they were much nicer to drag around behind.     They aren't as
resistant to abrasion, and hot lamps murder them on contact.   Still if you
take care of things I recommend these.

The old black rubber (quality black rubber, not what home depot has) was nice
on a roof though because it was stiff enough to not get under foot.  Much
cheaper, and likely to last longer.

Actually get both, but lock up the polyurethane when kids come over.

No hose will stand up to a nailer though.  You shouldn't be using a nailer on
your tractors though, so this shouldn't be a problem