[AT] OOOPS - Do as I say not as I do

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Jul 28 09:11:25 PDT 2005

George:

What I normally do is turn off the power to the compressor and also shut off
the valve on any of the outlets I have been using.  I have several outlets
and a few filters and water traps scattered throughout the system. The whole
system is built from 3/4" and 1/2" Black pipe.

I can return several days later and turn on the valve and the compressor
will not even start up.  So there isn't a leak in the black pipe system.
However, all my hoses are on quick disconnects at both ends and I have found
they will leak occasionally at one of the ends. Most often at the accessory
end which is the end where the quick disconnect is used the most.

In the case I'm referring to I left everything live. The hose busted and the
air leak was big enough that the compressor could not get up to the required
pressure to shut off.

And in the past I have not been shutting the water off when leaving on
extended trips. But I suspect I will be doing so now. I'm glad you have
reminded me.  Thanks.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door