IH archives (was Re: [Farmall] OT: strange new tractor

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Jul 28 02:11:55 PDT 2005

More interesting to me was this article on the same website:

Former Case IH VP Helps Raise Funds for IH Archives
May 03, 2005

Jim Irwin was, until his retirement on Jan. 31, 2005, the vice president
of Case IH, North American Agricultural Business.  But that doesn't mean
he isn't still involved with Case IH in general - and in preserving the
legacy of International Harvester (IH) in particular.

Irwin was a guest speaker at the International Harvester Collectors Club
Winter Convention in Madison, Wis., for example.  He also helped raise
$600 by donating a piece of his own Case IH memorabilia.  "I took one of
the scale model tractors that the company gave me when I retired, and
they auctioned it off."

All told, more than $80,000 was raised to preserve the International
Harvester-McCormick Collection, which is housed at the Wisconsin
Historical Society on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
Obviously, the International Harvester Collectors Club has clout - and
cash.  And they love the IH brand.

While the audience was primarily made up of farmers, "I was surprised at
how many young people were there," Irwin adds.  "I got to spend time
with the Oconomowoc, Wisconsin FFA chapter that had completely restored
an old Farmall.  They sold raffle tickets on the tractor as a fundraiser."

In the club
The International Harvester Collectors Club is a worldwide network
dedicated solely to preserving the history, products, literature and
memorabilia of International Harvester.  Currently, there are 31 active
chapters, with more than 5,600 members from 49 states and several countries.

The folks in the club who attended the winter convention had plenty of
questions for Irwin.  "They asked about new products, what the future of
the IH brand is, where Case IH is headed," he explains.  "Club members
just want assurance that CNH is totally behind the Case IH brand -
especially the IH portion of it."

Irwin assured them "as long as it is important to customers it will be
important to CNH."

Irwin says he also talked a little about what he's done over the years
to keep International Harvester part of the Case IH brand.  "Before I
retired, I was probably one of the few people still around at Case IH
with an IH background, and I want to make sure IH doesn't lose any of
its presence."

Given his 40-year association with the International Harvester brand,
it's not surprising that Irwin feels this strongly.  It also should come
as no surprise that he was the driving force behind bringing back the IH
Farmall line in 2004.

"People love the IH brand," Irwin says.  "I just want to make sure we
keep it around and keep promoting it."
Mike

69barracuda at mchsi.com wrote:
> Here's the skinny (:-P) on that new tractor...
>
> http://www.caseih.com/news/newsevents.aspx?navid=119&RL=ENNA&newsid=2416
>
> Rob
>
> --
> '68 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback
> '69 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback
> '69 Dart 270 4dr
> '05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
> '03 GMC Savanah 3500
> '47 Farmall "H"
> '67-'69 Barracuda Owners Group
> MVPA #17365
> Ridgecrest Ca.
> Ebay ID "m50a1ontos"
>
>          __________
>         /          \
>        /____________\
>        ______I I______
>       (OII at II) (II at IIO)
>       =================
>       [X]\__1968___/[X]
>       [X]           [X]
>

>>Mike , do a search on tractor tires , I think you will be surprised !.
>>Regards Rob Johnson.

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The United States appear to be destined by Providence to plague America
with misery in the name of liberty.
Simón Bolívar