[AT] Rain (and mold vs burn)

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Wed Jul 27 16:50:29 PDT 2005

Farmer --
Interesting comments about wet hay and mold.  When I was growing up in
central NY, the operative discussions down at the feed store about putting
up damp hay was that it would mold, but not burn.  Hay that had been rained
on and then stored damp  would burn in the barn.

I wonder if anyone else has heard of or believes this line of reasoning (or
old wives tale).  I certainly have no experimental evidence either way but
wonder if anyone has seen such a study done or is just another piece of
country lore?
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H