Re: [AJD] Schwartz wide front

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Mon Jul 25 21:03:18 PDT 2005

Don
In our area, Schwartz axles were popular but the Speeco axle was the hands down winner. This
was no likely due to the fact that Speeco made them in Golden,CO just a stone's throw west of
Denver so naturally the axle was readily available. Speeco ceased production on the axles quite
some time ago but parts are still available as are parts for Schwartz.
We did take into account, when trading in a tractor, that it had an aftermarket wide front axle
and not a Deere as they were worth less in tradein as well as resale.

We never had much trouble with a Schwartz and only limited problems on the Speeco axle. We
however still felt the Deere to be the superior front end.

Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Mon Jul 25 19:44 , Huisjen <huisjen at frontiernet.net> sent: