[AJD] Was Plow for '35 D, now Model 52 Plow

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Sat Jul 23 18:55:16 PDT 2005

Thank you Dean and Steve for Plowing 101.  I now know much more about
plows than I did before.  With the information Dean provided I was able
to identify a plow a friend had (and I now have) as a model 52.  While I
can't read the number on the long beam the short beam carries the number
612 dating it after 1934.  It was dismantled for a move from Virginia to
Indiana to Missouri.

My friend assures me that it is complete except for the coulters.  It
looks like there are certainly enough parts to make a reasonably
complete plow.  Now I have to figure out how it all goes together.  Can
anyone direct me to a copy of a manual for this plow.  I don't require
an original, what I need is a copy that will help me get it together.

A question for those of who have restored a plow.  Do you use a shiny
spray finish or do you use a brush?  It seems to me that for an
implement that will be used, a brushed on coat of paint would be
accaptable.  What do you do?

Gary
--
In the Ozark Mountains of South Central USA where both life and I move
at a leisurely pace.